Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Comic Soccer

Thanks Mag for sending me this link! This video serves as a reminder to us soccer players that NOT ALL really really good soccer players are invincible! They DO fumble!



This made me recall the time I played soccer at NUS back in the early 90s. Someone kicked the ball directly into my eye from only a few metres away! (can't remember which eye though....maybe it affected me brains too)....but thanfully, no major injury, I can still see.

The next day, after a job interview, I could see a "waterlevel" rise in that eye. Before I knew it, I was blind in one eye! Gulp!

My bro-in-law introduced me to an eye doctor, who confirmed that I was suffering from an hyphema (bleeding of the eye) . Prescription? To relack for 2 weeks without moving my head too much to let the blood coagulate and heal! So, me put on me Stevie Wonder glasses and stayed put for 2 friggin' weeks! Was told it could lead to longer term effects for me eyes, but am crossing my fingers (and hopefully not me eyes)!

So trust me, it ain't fun when you get a soccer injury that causes REAL injury!

Since we're all suffering from the World Cup fever, think will write a little about my experience when I watched the US vs Germany game in Korea during the last World Cup! :)

No comments: