Thursday, December 08, 2005

Orang Kenit, the 70s allien?

It's nice to know that SPH keeps a folder on UFOs and Aliens. Managed to sneak into their library at Kim Seng road when I was doing research on my short film and dug out this article about UFOs written in Malay.

I didn't get the whole article translated, but the gist of it was that the Malay author associated alien and alien sightings with miniature humanoids sightings in Malaysia. These little men are known as the "orang kenit" to the Malays. It was reported that 50% of the time, the mini humans are accompanied by an object resembling a flying saucer.



Not knowing where to start looking (since my Malay is reduced to ordering a meal of teh tarik and cheeze prata with egg), Siva gave me some leads.

Ufology : Two Generations; One Mission: Overview of Sightings in South East
Special Interview with, Ahmad Jamaludin
By SPI Mathwizard, Ong Yen Chin

Asia http://spi.com.sg/study/articles/ufo2/main02.htm

Very informative. If you scroll down to the section entitled, "The Mystery of Miniature Humanoids in Malaysia", you will find corroborative evidence of the sightings of children back in the 70s (see me blog below). The common denominators :-

- Time : 1970s (see, told ya it was a cool decade)

- Country : Malaysia (and Singapore, now that I've interviewed a Singapore witness)

- Anatomy : 3 - 6 inches tall

- Vehicle : sometimes sighted together with their mini UFOs as big as soup plate or car tire

- Witnesses : Children (wonder why that is? if I were a puny alien, would I want to approach a oversized, disbelieving adult who will probably crush me like a cockroach? Or if I were an adult, would I risk being ridiculed by disclosing that I've seen a creature looking like an alien, even if I really did see it with me own 2 eyes?)



There is a theory that aliens look generally the same in overall humanoid form, but vary in size and features, kinda like I don't look anything close to my fellow human mates in Africa. Quite apart from physical appearance, the ones that abduct are known to be generally unfriendly to our race, whereas some other species (if I can call them that) have more beneficial intentions. In fact, I've heard that some have integrated into society with a mission to prevent us humans from destroying ourselves!

And so, the familiar theory of distinguishing alien type according to geographical sightings goes :-

America : the Greys

Latin America : animal-like occupants

Europe : tall human occupants

South East Asia (notably Malaysia) : Orang Kenit?

Found out there's another creature called the "Orang Pendek" or "shortman" sighted in the Sumatran jungles. Me should really brush up on me berhasa! Check out the following article :-

In Search of Orang-pendek
By Richard Freeman
http://www.forteantimes.com/articles/182_orang1.shtml

Something that the SPI website said struck a familiar chord :

"General public in this region has little interest, if at all, regarding UFOs, and they usually will not report their sightings to anyone, out of fear of being ridiculed.

Some even regard UFOs as manifestations of the Devil or other form of spirits.

Paranormal research in South East Asia is still lacking behind our western counterpart, and sadly although many people are interested in paranormal, they are just looking forward for the fear factors, e.g. the thrill that they get from ghost tours and trespassing into private properties "looking for ghosts", instead of serious scientific research. Interest in ghostly phenomena, especially among youngsters in Singapore, is much more intense than interest in other mysteries like UFOlogy and Cryptozoology.

SPI recognizes this problem and we want to work with other researchers to promote serious research into the unknown. One way of doing this is to educate the public that other non-ghostly phenomena are still very much alive in our region."

So, assuming aliens were to exist and live in the same huge earth that we live in, I think the only way we will get any kind of serious interest in this topic from the local public is if you hear this sorta news reported in our papers :-

"Alien came to me with winning 4D numbers!"
"Alien shares AIDS cure with humans"
"Alien attack causes damage in Tsunami proportion!"
"My Prime Minister is an Alien."

So, bottom line - no human benefit, no human interest.

No comments: