Sunday, May 28, 2006

Singapore - a true test of the survival of the fittest

Did you hear the good news that a hawksbill turtle chose East Coast Park as a nesting ground? 76 little "turtlings" were eventually rescued and released into the sea. For a good read about this event, check out Siva's blog...

Quoted "If any of the hatchlings survive the many trials of life at sea, they will eventually return to Singapore in about 30 years! Wonder what sort of shore will greet them then. ..."

Come to think of it, I'm not sure that it was all that wise for the mother to choose Singapore....if she had a choice....With our unfriendly polluted waters and high shipping traffic, the poor things will have to fend for themselves out there! I will give my highest salute to those that make it back to Singapore 30 years from now....let's see...how old would I be by then? Hmmm....

Anyways, I thought it opportune to remind others to celebrate the incredibly rich marine life bestowed upon us right here in tiny Singapore!



To find out more about the making of the video, go to ze related blog : Dances with Sharkmen

1 comment:

Mr Sanguine said...

I think this is the first time I've seen the Sipadan film. Just as awesome as Chek Jawa. When are you going to be making more?!

I've reposted the films on my blog, hope that's alright.