Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tongan Humpback Whales - Adaptive Radiation Series

I've never swum with a whale in my life, and I knew whales had to be next on my wish list!

Who better to look for than the Whale Man himself, Tony Wu! He and his expedition partner, Takaji together with the hospitable local crew, opened my eyes to what must be one of the most beautiful marine mammals to have swum this earth, next to dolphins of course. Every moment with these graceful creatures was absolute bliss.

During my recent trip to the island of Vava'u in Tonga, I took mostly videos, but managed to extract some pictures to share with other cetacean lovers (since videos are gonna take me forever to edit).

I'm not very good at picking out best of best photos, so I've decided to include several series of photos which tell a story of a moment in time that I spent with them.


















For this series called "Adaptive Radiation", I'd like to thank earthtrust for enlightening us about the biology and natural history of humpback whales.

For more information about these lovely creatures, click here : http://earthtrust.org/wlcurric/whales.html

More whale series photos to come...

No comments: