Monday, June 19, 2006

Not Chicken Little, but the Big Cock talking!

A couple years back, I bit the bullet and left my bread-n-butter job to pursue this thing called "filmmaking".

I was lucky to have crossed paths with Pin Pin when she needed to put together a small production team for her "Moving House" documentary! Learning from this great local masterfilmmaker was an eye-opening experience!

Then came my first foray into moviemaking. I hadn't seen Colin for years, and so it was great that they needed a draftsman (you know, the black and white stuff you draft so that others can sign their lives away? heh heh!)

And so, TalkingCock - The Movie (of Talking Cock fame) was my first taste of local filmmaking - in a most unorthodox fashion! To learn more about how Colin and Joyce went about with their craft, read this!

I jumped in round about the middle of production, and before you knew it, one thing led to the next and I was doubling up as treasurer (errr, what does a legally trained person know about numbers? hmmm), van-driver, clapper, coolie etc. etc.....since there was not much of production time left, my involvement spilled into post-production....sound, music and movie soundtrack production....which involved doing fun things like scouting around for good local music (esp calling up your talented musician kakis and telling this "hey, this could be your lucky break!), hanging out at liquidfire (know it sounds like a club, but it's actually da cool music studio with lots of cool sound equipment), and seeing a movie come to fuition! It was also the time when my hokkien improved by leaps and bounds (esp in the forbidden vocab dept)!

The movie did not play in the local theatres as long as we'd hoped, but hey, it's not too late to catch it again! It's screening again this Wed 21 June 2006 @ Gallery Theatre, National Museum!

Check out the Schedule for this movie and other local films including Pin Pin's Singapore GaGa....

Support our local filmmakers! :)

2 comments:

Chi said...

Hey Ling,

Chiku here. I borrowed this off a friend so that I could check out the work you did on this movie!

I can see your name on the credits. Such a talented CHIck.

We are not worthy.....

:-)

LingtheMerciless said...

Haha! Actually, this is a cock-n-bull story la.....it's my evil twin sista who got embroiled in this cockanathan movie!

Hee hee...or Chi Chi!