Monday, August 07, 2006

Fix you!

The word "fix" is a small and simple word, not particularly interesting if you asked me. Yet, this word could open a can of worms, depending on how you use it.

For instance, our dear Mr Lee had explained that if the opposition were to hold 10 to 20 seats in Parliament, he would have to spend much more time thinking what was the right way to "fix" them. Mr Lee later apologised for using direct language to get this important point across to a mass rally crowd!

The word "fix" is written all over the TV show "LOST"! Jack, after having fixed his ex-wife, gets marooned on an island so that he has an endless string of problems to fix!

My best "fix" for last month was watching Coldplay perform at the Indoor Stadium, live on 10th July 2006! Their Twisted Logic Tour apparently started with outdoor shows in the UK in early summer 2005 and they have been through Europe, Japan and the US.

They played most of their songs from their third album 'X&Y', and me thinks one or two from their first two albums, 'Parachutes' (2000) and 'A Rush Of Blood To The Head' (2002).

(Photo of Coldplay : Guy Berryman (bass), Jonny Buckland (lead guitar), Will Champion (drums), and of course, Chris Martin (vocals, guitar, keyboards) - also married to actress Gwyneth Paltrow, and I can see why).

It was friggin awesome being showered with amazing visuals and spellbinding laser shows for each particular song! I could see that a lot of thought was put into stage artistry and it was one of the best concerts I've ever been too.

I shall leave you with one of my favourite songs from the X&Y album, "Fix You".

When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love some one but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

High up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face
And I
Tears stream down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face
And I
Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you.

I am absolutely fixated!

No comments: