Friday, August 11, 2006

NUMBERS!!! Arghhhhhhh!

Back in school, I used to love math (pronounced "Mets" in Singapore primary school). First comes the numbers, then numbers + symbols + formula + brainpower, then calculator minus (numbers + symbols + formula) minus what little brain cells we had left.......you get the drift!

I always wondered if I'd ever use these mind-boggling formula ever again in my life! I thought I'd moved to a profession that requires me to deal with absolutely NO numbers and formula, but boy, was I gravely mistaken! The numbers just keep creeping back (kinda like the video of creepy crawling numbers in the Ring)....

.....e.g. I've had to deal with some numbers lately : convert some funky floating rate formula into words in a legal document, calculate the remaining mortgage payments for the next century (yikes), organising loads and loads household bills
(yawn) while factoring in holiday potential expense claims (yippie), updating timekeeping results (and making it a note to learn excel), and this is an easy one : counting the number of times my computer crashes on me!! Arghhhhh!!!

Ok, but I should know better than to let the numbers turkey get me down!
If you're ever bogged down by numbers, know that there is a creative silver lining at the end of that complex and numerically cluttered cloud! Hee hee!

Math problem 1


Math problem 2


Math problem 3

Math problem 4


If you asked me, that square root sign surrrrre looks like a soccer goal post!

No comments: