Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A Fortnight in Cambodia



[If you can't see the video, click here]

Yikes! I thought December would be a relack month in the office....guess I thought wrong! It's become the busiest month so far, and I hardly have time to breathe!

But I have discovered this new software which manages to reduce the size of some the videos which I made in the past and upload it to the internet video hosts.

Above is one such video. It is the first of a three-staged marine conservation project I joined back in 2001 with the ultimate aim of establishing a marine park in Cambodia to promote local ecotourism.

Footage was taken mostly by yours truly (in my eager beaver video-crazed days), then a participant, and underwater shots also captured by Karen, the scientific officer and moi. Video was edited by Merciless for the Cambodian government.

Story goes that when the "official" video was edited, I gave the final cd to one of the expedition leaders so that they can deliver it to the Cambodian govt. I also gave them one with additional clips of us goofing around, doing and saying silly things which were not exactly PC (hmmm...shall I put those on the net? tempting). I specifically reminded them NOT to mix up the 2 cds!

You can guess what happened....when the presentation video was over, the "extra" footage appeared...and the government officials were probably wondering what the heck was going on! :P Heard the video was a huge success though! Phew!

For more info about this project, go to following website : http://www.reefcheck.org/news/newsletter07/newsletter7.htm

Shall be back with a vengeance on the rest of the stories about India, NZ, Kiara, Penang, our adventure races of 2006...laterz....

5 comments:

LingtheMerciless said...

Hey, the video was made a couple of years ago...think the Snakefruit will probably only survive if made into a handbag over these years! :P

But no, no Snakefruit! No snake meat either!

Unknown said...

the bull stuff reminds me....

"how now, brown cow?"

LingtheMerciless said...

Yikes! Thanks Jeffiles!

Sorry Karenne....better not correct it to forever remind me how forgetful I am with names!

Toadjuice said...

Snakefruit can make handbag one meh?

LingtheMerciless said...

The fruit part of the snakefruit is a little hard, but anything is recycable mah?