Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Da BombMean-able SnowGirl

She's SnowWhite, she's Mean, and she's an absolute Bombshell! Meet the new chick on the block, da BombMean-able SnowGirl, my new stead....another present from Maximuzz, my Santa Biker Claus! And it's not even Christmas yet! You're the best, sweetiez!


Model : Fuel EX8 WSD

For more photos, click BSG Album
For more info about her specs, go to Trek Website

Max went to the bike shop many times over to change parts of her vital organs, while donating some entrails from his former steed. All this operational aspect of bike setting up is all Greek to me, so I think I'll do what I do best....just ride the lady!

This is the first time I've ever ridden a full sus (apart from borrowing Pling's bike once for a spin around KR)! I brought her out for a test ride at BT the other day, and the uphills took some gettin' used to. I almost keeled over on a climb coz I wasn't used to her geometry. But the downhills.....oooo.....that was all worth it!


The dirtraction sticker gets a prominent placement on her smooth white skin....

Why WSD Difference ? = Trek website says "Because you're built differently from a man, your bike should be too. Trek Women's Specific Design (WSD) bikes are engineered to fit your body, putting you into a more natural riding position by balancing your weight more evenly between your hips and hands. The result is extreme comfort and control, better balance and optimized power efficiency."

I've been told that my current frame (which I've been riding for donkey years) is too big for me? Hmmm.....I guess perhaps that was what was contributing to my back aches and occasional knee pain although I had a proper bike fitting exercise and all.....tho the "aging girl in denial" reason is probably more like it! haha....

I guess what sparked off this whole full sus episode was a mixture of me not daring to test out too many of the double black diamond sections at Ubin or jumps for fear that my aging hardtail might break from under me...and also Joey Klein telling me that I'll pick up more courage if I got meself a full sus bike with a riser bar - which will make a whole lot of difference in instiling rider confidence.

Well, I really doubt guts and skills come with the new bike, but...with an upcoming trip to Moab, I'd like to think that I'll pick up 'nuff courage to at least test some of the technical trails that they have there without doing a Ling faceplant! All I need is practice, practice, practice...a full faced helmet, some knee guards, a shot of vodka etc. etc.

My friends are bettin' that after gettin' well acquainted with her, I will never ride a hard trail ever again! Only time and some intimate time with her, the trails and the elements, will tell whether I'd abandon my raggedy hardtailed Blue Bones for my plush new BSG...

BUT THEN I will never abandon any of my bikes! They are all part of my bikehood and I cherish every one of them!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

23pds & counting..down

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.